Lounger
    Thanks

Question How many still waiting for so-called automatic upgrade

I had the famous Windows 10 automatic update icon on a Win 8.1 desktop and a Win 7 Ultimate laptop.
    Both are now gone and there has been no notice that Win 10 is ready to install.
    In fact, the desktop installed two updates unrelated to Win 10 today (July 30, 2015)
    Wondered how many are waiting and how many had auto install work.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    It is impossible for us to know how many are still waiting. Microsoft has stated the upgrade with be a staged rollout. There has been no public statements that I know about how a particular reservation is selected.

Joe

Thanks
    See my Post in this forum here, it may help:

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...s-might-be-why
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    On update day, I got a "Win 10 failed" and was wondering if they were going to push it out again. This morning I got another email ( since I reserved and got the first confirmation already ) saying this:
    When will my free upgrade arrive?

You’ve already reserved, so your free upgrade is on the way. This is the largest software upgrade event ever and we’re managing it so everyone has a great experience.

Your notification to upgrade could come as soon as a few days or in a few weeks.

In the meantime, you can always check your upgrade status in the Get Windows 10 app. Find the app by clicking on the Windows icon on your task bar.

Here are some common questions about the upgrade process. Click on the links for answers.

When will I get my free upgrade?

How long does it take to install the upgrade?

What if I have more than one Windows device – can I upgrade them all?

What edition of Windows will I get as part of this free upgrade?

Will my PC or tablet be compatible with Windows 10?

More questions? Check out the FAQ

Absolutely can’t wait? You have a couple of options to get your upgrade sooner:
    1. Visit a Microsoft Store for free upgrade services.
    2. Use the Media Creation Tool to install immediately on one or more devices (recommended for tech-savvy users only).
    So evidently MS is still going to continue pushing out the upgrade to reserved computers.
    HTH to answer your question.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heritage View Post
    I had the famous Windows 10 automatic update icon on a Win 8.1 desktop and a Win 7 Ultimate laptop.
    Both are now gone and there has been no notice that Win 10 is ready to install.
    In fact, the desktop installed two updates unrelated to Win 10 today (July 30, 2015)
    Wondered how many are waiting and how many had auto install work.
    I never saw anything about an "automatic" free Upgrade, always saw it would be a choice to make within the 1 year availability. I only saw updates that set the wheels in motion. In the last 2 days I have Upgraded a Win7 Desktop to Win10, a Win8.1 Notebook to Win10 and a Win8.1 Tablet to Win10. My 1Mbps Internet connection is not conducive to fast downloads of large files but it's been pretty reliable.

The only issue I've had was on the Notebook, lost the Bluetooth Wireless but a check with Dell Support provided the proper driver.