Thanks

In Private Browsing with Edge

In I.E. 11 on Windows 7 I set up an In Private browsing session and drug the first page to the task bar there by creating its own session complete with the pages to start up with which of course were different than those in regular I.E. Those came over when I upgraded to Windows 10 so no problem. Unfortunately I was cleaning up the task bar and accidentally clicked and removed that session, and now I find that I can't drag a web page to the taskbar, which means I can't set up an entirely different browsing session. Does anyone know if they are going to be adding that back? Yea, I know I can pin it to the start menu, but the opening URL's will be the same as those already set up and if I try to set up new ones it changes the regular ones as well....
    DratS!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Don't know other than to say Edge will be getting many regular updates for the next few months (maybe the rest of the year). You'll just have to keep an eye out for announcements about changes.

Joe

Thanks
    Well, I'll be D#$%ed... thanks to this article, I figured out how to do it and now my In Private browsing is restored, the icon dragged to the task bar, and the pages that needed to open, open without affecting those in the edge browser. I simply opened the url that I needed in an In private browsing session, then followed what was suggested.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...rer-windows-10
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    Well, I'll be D#$%ed... thanks to this article, I figured out how to do it and now my In Private browsing is restored, the icon dragged to the task bar, and the pages that needed to open, open without affecting those in the edge browser. I simply opened the url that I needed in an In private browsing session, then followed what was suggested.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...rer-windows-10
    Please clarify: Using Internet Explorer for InPrivate pages, not Edge?

Thanks
    Yes, InPrivate browsing in Edge works just fine. However using Edge, you lose the ability to pin that session to your task bar, and lose the ability to have the InPrivate session open with a completely different set of tabs.
    Thanks John