Lounger
    Thanks

Surface 3 won't rotate after upgrade

I have two Surface 3 units that have updated this morning with no problems... Other than having to reset my start screen (which seems much the same as WIN8.1 -- which I had no problems with, by the way -- except it scrolls vertically and not horizontally).

One issue though... I can't seem to get it to rotate the screen automatically from landscape to portrait when I fold back (or remove) the keyboard for tablet use. The 'tablet' settings seem to not help at all.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    swipe in from the right there a rotation switch next too tablet mode try that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mar27 For This Useful Post:

edalsie (2015-08-01)

Lounger
    Thanks
    That seems to work.... that and punching the rotational lock. Thanks much! I like simple solutions.

NOW... is there a reason my task bar (placed on the left of my landscaped display) will not auto-hide? I've gone to 'task bar and start menu properties' and checked the 'auto hide the task bar' box.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edalsie View Post
    NOW... is there a reason my task bar (placed on the left of my landscaped display) will not auto-hide? I've gone to 'task bar and start menu properties' and checked the 'auto hide the task bar' box.
    Oh Gskjf0 same old same old. This problem is still here???
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't knowingly have this problem before under 8.1, so this is new to me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edalsie View Post
    I didn't knowingly have this problem before under 8.1, so this is new to me.
    Well lucky you its been around for a couple of decades IIRC.

Try opening each window then closing, check the notification area and open any,

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.