New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Bug in Cortana searching?

I have a desktop and laptop on 10 pro. When I pull up search on the laptop, I have the option of searching the web and windows by typing. On my PC I fully activated Cortana and now I get nothing when I type in the box, nor is there an option to search web or windows. I have to voice search everything and it all goes to the web.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can type into "ask me anything" and have it work without speaking to my computer. This is rather annoying and I am not activating Cortana on my laptop until I know I will not have the same issue.

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, so just before I created this thread, I sent a feedback to Microsoft about this issue. And wouldn't you know, now it is working. I get the option to type and to type for web or my stuff. Geez ....

I guess Windows is spying on me after all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newzgirl View Post
    Ok, so just before I created this thread, I sent a feedback to Microsoft about this issue. And wouldn't you know, now it is working. I get the option to type and to type for web or my stuff. Geez ....

I guess Windows is spying on me after all.
    No, sometimes it just takes a bit for her to work well. If you are using Chrome install the Chrometana extension from Chrome Store, and all your search results can be in your choice of Google, Yahoo!, or Duck Duck Go!