New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 install fails Error Code 8007005

Successful install 0f Win10 on my Win7 Home Premium laptop, but failed on Win7 Pro desktop with the above error code. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakePak43 View Post
    Successful install 0f Win10 on my Win7 Home Premium laptop, but failed on Win7 Pro desktop with the above error code. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    It's a permissions error as access is denied. I solved this by signing into my Hidden Administration Account and nailed it with out the error notice. Type net user administration /active:yes in a command prompt (administration). It worked for me.
    Pete

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakePak43 View Post
    error message

Thanks
    In my case, the upgrade would download but not run for any reason I could discover. The only message was the error code 80070005 and "check your computer". I downloaded the iso and created an installation DVD. I then ran the DVD from within Windows and the upgrade ran perfectly. It took about 45 minutes to complete. The only problem so far is that IE11 add ons, remembered passwords etc. are not carried over into Edge, so I'm still using IE11 for the moment.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Went into administrator mode as instructed, Windows 10 downloaded but again failed to install. May try the ISO route. Thanks for responding.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    @Calimanco,

Currently Edge does not run add-ons.

Joe

Thanks
    And you have to import your favorites from IE (or another browser) into Edge.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KIWIpeteW View Post
    It's a permissions error as access is denied. I solved this by signing into my Hidden Administration Account and nailed it with out the error notice. Type net user administration /active:yes in a command prompt (administration). It worked for me.
    Pete
    Did not work.

Thanks
    I'm having the same issue on my desktop PC. My laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium upgraded to Win 10 without a hitch but I've tried everything and my install is still failing with the 8007005 error. I called Microsoft today and the first level support guy couldn't fix it either. They have now escalated my case to 2nd level support and I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggy451 View Post
    I'm having the same issue on my desktop PC. My laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium upgraded to Win 10 without a hitch but I've tried everything and my install is still failing with the 8007005 error. I called Microsoft today and the first level support guy couldn't fix it either. They have now escalated my case to 2nd level support and I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow.
    See the links at http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...=1#post1014246 for help with 8007005 install error.

Joe

Thanks
    I thought I would update this tread with what happened on my issue. To be brief my 8007005 error was due to corruption in the system and settings, not a corruption error in the system files. A Microsoft Tech that worked on my machine for 2 days finally downloaded a tool called Windows Repair from www.tweaking.com. On the left side he checked about every box there was except the one that didn't pertain to Windows 7 Pro and then kicked off the repair. Once the repair was completed and the system was restarted, I was able to use a Windows 10 Pro install DVD that I had created on another PC that was previously upgraded to Win 10. Since the Microsoft Tech used this Windows Repair utility and it worked I'm suggesting that this may help others having this same 8007005 error.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for this!!!
    I have tried everything to get W10 installed over W8.1-64.
    When downloading I got several error messages including error 8007005.
    I tried to download the manual update but when I clicked on it, nothing happened.
    I finally found a solution.
    I downloaded, installed, and ran Tweaking.com - Windows Repair from here http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html
    I checked everything that could be checked and let the program do it's magic.
    Upon completion, Windows 10 installed flawlessly.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Solved Error 8007005 Upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggy451 View Post
    I thought I would update this tread with what happened on my issue. To be brief my 8007005 error was due to corruption in the system and settings, not a corruption error in the system files. A Microsoft Tech that worked on my machine for 2 days finally downloaded a tool called Windows Repair from www.tweaking.com. On the left side he checked about every box there was except the one that didn't pertain to Windows 7 Pro and then kicked off the repair. Once the repair was completed and the system was restarted, I was able to use a Windows 10 Pro install DVD that I had created on another PC that was previously upgraded to Win 10. Since the Microsoft Tech used this Windows Repair utility and it worked I'm suggesting that this may help others having this same 8007005 error.
    I have the same problem when tried to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I worked more then 10 hours to solved it. I gave remote access to Microsoft Support, Technicians worked more then 3 hours without results. When I continue myself to see I found this post. I was afraid that it waste of time again but I try it and received Result. Tweaking Tools worked about two and half hours on my computer ( be patient). After it I upgrade to Windows 10.
    Thanks a lot.