Thread: Edge

Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Edge

Well, IF one is going to compare Edge to IE... This (it's coming) seemed to be true during the betas but, now it's the GA & on a SSD not a HDD. Edge seemed to be more reliable, more stable & quicker than IE. Now, non-beta & on a SSD and there is no question.. the performance of Edge is, indeed, far superior to IE.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Drew,

You might want to wait until Edge is completed? When they enable addins and such it will likely have an impact on Edge's performance.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Yeah, there's bound to be a bad side to everything if not now forthcoming. Guess we'll have to deal w/ that. Great to have the headsup.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I could not do some important tasks on a business site. I had to switch to IE and all worked perfectly. Too soon.

Thanks
    Actually, Edge is significantly slower on my laptop reading the lounge than Firefox and Chrome for me. The differences are smaller on my more powerful desktop. The lack of add in support for Lastpass and adblock plus are killer items that keep me from using Edge as my default browser.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    One will or can occasionally find sites that are not yet Edge ready. Yes when that happens it's nice IE is still available even though its performance is nowhere near as good as Edge.

Thanks
    I tried Edge twice and I went back to chrome and IE 11. Hopefully MS will will do a major overhaul on Edge since IMHO it's nowhere near ready for primetime.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    One will or can occasionally find sites that are not yet Edge ready. Yes when that happens it's nice IE is still available even though its performance is nowhere near as good as Edge.
    my IE performance is not much worse than edge. Internet bandpass and site server performance is much more important than the choice of browser. I find them all acceptable.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I took the Win10Pro leap yesterday. No problem with the install, and love the speed of everything! However, soon discovered that Edge does not support add-ins, therefore my RoboForm password manager which I use many times every day does not work. So, I put IE back on my taskbar and made it the default browser. Now everything works as before. :-)