5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to get free AOL email account closed out without being able to sign in?

Last week my friend showed me how she couldn't access her free AOL email account. The password she entered doesn't work. She noticed that there was a comment that her password was changed 4 weeks ago. Well that problem has been going on for at least a couple of years. She did contact AOL at least a year ago for help but since the account is free, they won't help her. Is there a way in which she can get AOL to close out her free account altogether?
    --- I suspect her account has been hijacked. She also told me in her messenger account she gets "funny" messages. Maybe I'm wrong but it leads me to suspect the hijacker is toying with her.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm, cmptrgy,
    She can't log in any more? Tough nut I am afraid.

Maybe this link can help? https://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-aol-account

I sure hope she gets that resolved.
    Eike J Heinze
    What I am about
    SE Wisconsin

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm afraid you are correct Eike on the "Tough nut". She isn't a computer literate person and it took me some discussion with her on the importance to get it resolved.
    --- I haven't seen what she meant about getting "funny" messages in messenger but I'll follow that up with her but I suspect that'll be difficult also
    At this point in time I think it's worth the effort for her to sign up for a paid AOL account
    --- That way I want to believe AOL will help her do so and I'll recommend a strong password and secret question for her to know

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good idea, that just might work.

Good luck to both of you!
    Eike J Heinze
    What I am about
    SE Wisconsin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eikelein For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-08-04)