New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 install problems.

I have a DELL Inspiron 2330 Touchscreen All-in-One Desktop with Intel I7 etc. that I am having trouble updating from 8.1 (64) home premium to Win 10. I have the Beta running on an old DELL desktop, and have upgraded my Wife's HP using an ISO download > DVD. My latest of many attempts to upgrade my All-in-One have resulted in error 0x80004005 using the downloaded update method, and error 0x8024200D using the ISO disk which worked on my wife's HP.

I have run all DELL diagnostics which checked ok. I have run CHKDSK C: /f with no errors. I have run DISM /online /clean-up-image / restorehealth which reports errors corrected. I have disabled AV, run the install from protected safe mode, and have removed all USB cords and devices. I have uninstalled ONE drive. I have disconnected the ethernet cable to run the ISO update with no internet.

Any/all suggestions on resolving this update problem appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bancroft1 View Post
    I have a DELL Inspiron 2330 Touchscreen All-in-One Desktop with Intel I7 etc. that I am having trouble updating from 8.1 (64) home premium to Win 10. I have the Beta running on an old DELL desktop, and have upgraded my Wife's HP using an ISO download > DVD. My latest of many attempts to upgrade my All-in-One have resulted in error 0x80004005 using the downloaded update method, and error 0x8024200D using the ISO disk which worked on my wife's HP.

I have run all DELL diagnostics which checked ok. I have run CHKDSK C: /f with no errors. I have run DISM /online /clean-up-image / restorehealth which reports errors corrected. I have disabled AV, run the install from protected safe mode, and have removed all USB cords and devices. I have uninstalled ONE drive. I have disconnected the ethernet cable to run the ISO update with no internet.

Any/all suggestions on resolving this update problem appreciated.
    Run the update from Hidden Admin Account,worked for me with my Touchscreen with Intel etc,I also did every thing you did above over 3 days and was ready to give up. Also had to empty my download folder. C:/windows/softwareDistribution/download
    Also forced the update which in What happens after win10 fail.
    Pete

What happens after win 10 FAILs-
    Also deleted edb.log...C:/windows/softwareDistribution/datastore/logs/edb.log which was recommended by MS
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-08-03 at 18:44.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Set up hidden Administrative Account. Logged on to that account and ran ISO update.
    Failed error 0x8024000B. Misery is me!

Administrator
    Thanks
    See if Windows Update error 8024000B helps.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried 8024000B suggestion. Ran suggested command. AV off. Ran ISO from master ADMIN account. New error is 0x80070057.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Found this in a Microsoft community thread

A fix to the 80070057 issue involves setting the following two registry values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdat e\UX\IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled=0
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdat e\UX\Settings\UxOption=0

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    ThanX! I'll give it a try.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Lemon?!? I have tried since 29 July, but my Win 8.1 won't install from Download or ISO. errors received include 80240FFF, 8024200D, 80004005, 8024000B,and 80070057. In responding to these errors I have tried many, many suggestions to no avail.

Strangely the first two machines I updated without a problem were Win 7 machines.

I'll keep trying daily. Maybe Microsoft will develop real answers rather than "did you try this, disconnect that, run from real administrator, kill AV etc. etc."?!?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Since you have Win8.1 running perhaps you need a refresh of 8.1.

Have you tried contacting Microsoft?

Joe