Thanks

Windows 10 and Microsoft Money

The following link states that a number of versions of Microsoft Money ARE compatible with Windows 10 (some Loungers have posted that they cannot get their version of Money to work in Win 10). Versions that are not compatible are also listed

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windo...stRequested=14
    Last edited by petesmst; 2015-08-04 at 06:16.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petesmst View Post
    The following link states that a number of versions of Microsoft Money ARE compatible with Windows 10 (some Loungers have posted that they cannot get their version of Money to work in Win 10). Versions that are not compatible are also listed
    Yes, compatible to the extent that they will install correctly. The problem is in actually getting the program to fully launch.

Money-IE6.PNG

Click OK and the program closes. And that's all it will do. Compatible, yes. Usable, no.

In Windows 7 and 8.1 Money will launch and run with IE 11 installed. In Windows 10, setting IE 11 as the default browser has no effect. The requirement for IE 6 is displayed in that dialog box, and that's as far as the program will proceed.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    @bbearren: Money 2004 Standard works just fine for me? (Strangely, it did not work with Win 10 TP build 10130, but then "came alive" again).
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What happens if set the web site to run in Compatibility mode?

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Found this in a Microsoft community thread where several people say it fixed their issue. See if the following steps help:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Internet Explorer]

Left click on Version, select Modify and enter 9.11.10240.0 in the form field

Copy original Version number into Note Pad if you ever need to change it back.

Joe

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

bbearren (2015-08-08),RetiredGeek (2015-08-08)

Thanks
    Q for those using Money, can it still connect to financial institutions and brokerages?
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    David,

NO! That stopped when MS stopped support and issued the Sunset Edition (which you can still download). HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    David,

NO! That stopped when MS stopped support and issued the Sunset Edition (which you can still download). HTH
    Ok Maybe I'll be buying a new Quicken
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    Ok Maybe I'll be buying a new Quicken
    Its a ways off but Costco has Quicken on sale every January.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Its a ways off but Costco has Quicken on sale every January.

Jerry
    There is a possibility that we may get a Costco where I live, every once in a while I hear something. I am guessing not before Jan
    David