5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question How can I/do I edit cookies in IE 11.

Is there anyway to edit cookies in IE 11? I do not want to delete them all, just delete a few to test out a change in the access to a website. Thanks.

Ron M

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    In IE go to Settings (the gear) | Internet Options | General tab | Browsing History section | Settings Button. When the "Website Data settings" dialog opens in the "Temporary Internet Files" tab click "View Files". That will open File Explorer to your browser cache. You can then search or scroll for cookies.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe. That was what I was looking for.

Ron M

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can also do something with the Cookies in the free version of CCleaner when you click on the Options button.

From the list select the ones you want to keep and transfer them to the right column so when you clear the cache, those will remain.

During CCleaner's install there is an option to include intelligent cookie cleaner - I always uncheck this as I don't want anything left on my computer and when you revisit the site, you'll get them back again anyway and I've never had any problems revisiting sites after clearing them all at the end of each session.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    You can also do something with the Cookies in the free version of CCleaner when you click on the Options button.

From the list select the ones you want to keep and transfer them to the right column so when you clear the cache, those will remain.

During CCleaner's install there is an option to include intelligent cookie cleaner - I always uncheck this as I don't want anything left on my computer and when you revisit the site, you'll get them back again anyway and I've never had any problems revisiting sites after clearing them all at the end of each session.
    Thanks Sudo15. I actually discovered that aspect of CCleaner when I checked it out. I had forgotten about it- thanks for reminding me.

Ron M

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    No problem - I often forget about things but I blame it on age

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    No problem - I often forget about things but I blame it on age
    You too?