5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing 'New Office Doc' icon on Start menu

After upgrading from Window 2000 to Windows XP Pro the "New Office Document" icon/shortcut does not appear on the Start Menu. Only the "Open Office Document" icon is on the Start Menu in the "pinned" area. If I revert to the Classic Start menu, the New Office Document icon appears along with the Open Office Document icon. How do I add the New Office Document icon/shortcut to the new XP Start Menu? (I am using Office 2000)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing 'New Office Doc' icon on Start menu

Check, if another copy of "New Office Document" shortcut is on your Office Shortcut Bar:

Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftOfficeShortcut BarOffice

If it is here, copy it to

Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersStart Menu

P.S.: In Windows XP, if you didn't choose "Classic Style", your "pinned area" is in Start | All Programs area.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing 'New Office Doc' icon on Start menu

Thanks, I found "New Office Document" in the pinned area of All Programs, opened it, which placed it on the recently used section of the Start menu, then I right clicked on the New Office Document icon and pinned it to the area just above the recently used area on the start menu. I just had not looked deep enough for the New Office Document icon.