3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Project - 2007 and 2013

I own a copy of MS Project 2007 and also one for Project 2013. I would like to know if the two file format types are compatible, so I can use the two programmes interchangeably between my work laptop and my travel / photo laptop.

If they are not compatible, please tell me more about the web-version of Project:
    - is it the same as Office 365 subscription based?
    - is it purely accessible through a web browser?

My copy of Project 2013 was bought under my personal MS ID. My Office365 installation belongs to the company using a different MS login.
    How can I install the bought version of Project 2013 together with the Office365 if they work under different MS Accounts for the same user on Win8.1?

Thanks for helping me unravel this.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    From what I see, it appears that Project Pro for Office365 is the subscription based version of Project Pro. It also allows you to use it online to collaborate. Is this true?

The cost looks kind of high, especially taking into account that I have already paid the same amount or so for the Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook version of Office 365!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't know anything about Project but have found that I can't run any 32-bit versions of Office applications along with 64-bit versions of Office applications, had to fully uninstall all of the 32-bit versions or not install the 64-bit version. The choice of 32-bit or 64-bit was first available with Office 2010, carries into later versions. I liked FrontPage 2003 but had to give it up. The 64-bit version of Windows can actually run Office back to the 2000 version, at least for the basics which is all I need on most of my Notebooks.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Office 2007 introduced a whole raft of zzzX formats, parallel to the original formats. So DOCX was a newer version of DOC for Word, XLSX was a newer version of XLS for Excel, and so on.

Project uses the MPP file format and there does not appear to be an MPPX format. Based on this I think it's pretty safe to assume that the files from Project 2007 and 2013 are compatible.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's another query along the same lines....

Are there any other programmes that will open and edit MS Project MPP files?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Photorer View Post
    Here's another query along the same lines....

Are there any other programmes that will open and edit MS Project MPP files?
    There's a list here but as with the Microsoft Publisher .pub files different programs may not produce the same result:
    http://fileinfo.com/extension/mpp