Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot install calendar app in windows 8.1

I decided to try the calendar app in windows 8.1 because it works well on my wife's computer; of course, we cannot remember how we installed it. When I google it the instructions say to swipe from the right, tap or click Settings, and and tap or click Accounts. The problem I am having is "Accounts" is not on the list. When we look at her computer, it is not on the list there either.
    What am I missing?

Thanks
    You're missing a step - between click settings and click accounts, click Change PC settings. Accounts will be visible then.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I know that is the way to get toAaccounts. That's not the issue. What I described is how Microsoft says to install the calendar app.
    Going to Accounts through the right swipe/Settings/Change PC Settings does not reveal anything dealing with the calendar.

Thanks
    Have you pressed the window key then started typing calendar? When I do that the calendar app starts, and I don't think I installed it either.

The instructions miss some of the steps, to get to accounts, and as you have said, that isn't relevant anyway. You will need to login with your MS account (AFAIK), the local account won't work. I believe that other calendars (e.g gmail) can't be added.