5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Trying to understand a scannow log

I have been having some problems with my Win8.1 Home system lately. Sometimes when trying to open MS Word or Sharescope a message appears saying that it is not compatible with this PC. In the case of Word it is impossible to open any doc. or docx. files on the PC, or, to be exact, any that I try to open in order to see if it applies to all.

This is not a major issue, as it is easily rectified by a reboot, but there is something not working properly, so I ran scannow for the first time.
    On completion a message stated that corrupted files had been found, but not all could be rectified. So the log file was downloaded, but it might as well have been in Chinese for all I understood.

My query is whether any of the exports in this forum have the time and inclination to read through this massive log and inform me of anything that needs to be done.

HELP. Unable to attach the log. I click Attachments, drag the log to it, and it appears in a new Firefox page. There seems to be no way to combine the two.
    Last edited by georgelee; 2015-08-05 at 15:33. Reason: added Help

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There's no drag and drop for new attachments. Click Add files at the top, then browse to file, select and upload.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, but all I get is "CBS log:invalid file".

As a moderator, are you able to delete the thread?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Rename the file as .TXT and attach?

cheers, Paul

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

BruceR (2015-08-06),georgelee (2015-08-06)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by georgelee View Post
    My query is whether any of the exports in this forum have the time and inclination to read through this massive log and inform me of anything that needs to be done.
    The log isn't necessary. That sfc couldn't repair some corrupted files means you should open an elevated Command Prompt and type (without the quotes) "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and then Enter. Note the space ahead of the / in the switches. It can take some time to run.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

georgelee (2015-08-12)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    “The restore operation completed successfully. The component store corruption repaired. The operation completed successfully.”
    So presumably there was only the one problem, and everything is now OK. Many thanks to bbearren.