5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hills are alive with the sound of airplanes

WACKY WEB WEEK

Hills are alive with the sound of airplanes

By Kathleen Atkins
    Boats, planes, and bicycles are arguably Seattle's favorite machines although we have an impressive number of Subaru and Volvo cars also traversing the region. During Seafair, however, boats and planes take over the city. Bridges over Lake Washington close on workdays so that the Blue Angels can practice; conversations halt while jets roar over the city and hydrofoils charge up and down our big in-town mountain lake, Lake Washington. Attitudes among human residents range from "partying all week!" to "leaving for Montana NOW!"

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/wacky-web-week/hills-are-alive-with-the-sound-of-airplanes/ (free content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Aircraft

I love to watch the Blues fly. They are amazing in many ways, not to mention that of rotating through Navy pilots from time to time. Makes me proud to be an American to know that warriors, both male and female, stand guard and are ready to go into harms way on my behalf. God bless them.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I like 'em too. And I agree with everything else too.

That said, I just wish folks that post videos of the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds would NOT add any music (or what they think is music) to the video. I just want to hear the roar of the engines and comments (or screams sometimes) of the folks watching. I did not like the video that was posted here. Nor the other one the user links to.
    Adding music to stuff that already has its own soundtrack is not a good idea.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Music is for glders or kites

Quote Originally Posted by transam View Post
    I like 'em too. And I agree with everything else too.

That said, I just wish folks that post videos of the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds would NOT add any music (or what they think is music) to the video. I just want to hear the roar of the engines and comments (or screams sometimes) of the folks watching. I did not like the video that was posted here. Nor the other one the user links to.
    Adding music to stuff that already has its own soundtrack is not a good idea.
    Without the soul shaking roar there is no magic. At the very least the music should be kick ass metal,