Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Windows 10 No internet connection after upgrade, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers

Hello To you all,
    I have been reading this forum for a very long time now and It's very informative,Thank you to all for your time and patience, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows7 Home Premium on the 29th July, Spec MS-7752 Intel i5 64 bit 16 GB Ram two SSD one HDD, Not factory built, After upgrade I had no internet connection, Using the troubleshooter and I'm going by memory now but I'm 99% sure there was a problem with the Network Controllers, The Network Controllers-Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller in Device Manager appeared to be working ok no warning signs, I had various conversations with Microsoft without any solution, "I think even I could get a job there", I disconnected the spare SSD and HDD before I clean installed Windows7 and connected them after, At a later stage I upgraded to Win10 again and still had the same problem, This time I restored back to Win7, After that I downloaded the software for Win10 onto a bootable flash drive and installed onto my spare SSD (Not enough space on Win7 SSD at this time to dual boot) with the other drives disconnected, I had Internet Connection this time, After I connected the other drives I did go through the activation on that drive, Guess what It was Blocked, Whoops, I have looked on the Realtek sight for the Windows 10 Family drivers and I cannot find them, I did find some for dell and lenova and tried to install them in the usual way that I do on Win7 but that didn't work, Maybe It's a different set up on Win 10?, I can normally find away around most things on a PC, But I have no Idea in this case, "I can drive a Pc very well but I'm not a Mechanic", I Hope someone can help, Sorry It's a bit long-winded, Regards John

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Are you saying you have internet access but can't activate Windows?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Perhaps a clean install of Windows 7, leave the other drives disconnected, then try the upgrade to Windows 10 and see what you get.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul, After upgrade I cannot connect to the internet, Thanks for the quick responce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you bbearren I will try that after a few days

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry just realised I did disconnect other drives for clean installation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnster View Post
    Sorry just realised I did disconnect other drives for clean installation
    I mean the clean install of Windows 7, and did you leave them disconnected while you upgraded to Windows 10?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi bbearren, I pretty sure that I connected them after clean install and then upgraded so in a few days when my head stops aching I will disconnect clean install Win7 update and upgrade again without connecting the other drives, Thanks I will let you know what happens,Regards

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Experienced very same problem. Windows 8.1 was installed earlier, update was downloaded using LAN.
    And after update to Windows 10 , no LAN.

Checked my system BIOS, there was an option GREEN LAN, ie only enable LAN when cable is connected.
    Disabled GREEN LAN and voila, Windows 10 detected the LAN Realtek PCIe GBE with no trouble.

Hope someone can use this tip to help themselves.

Regards

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    What is your network configuration? This will show the details in Notepad for you to paste here.
    Start > Run, ipconfig /all > %temp%\ip.txt & notepad %temp%\ip.txt

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Was doing my head in, Have done a clean install Win7 with other drives disconnected, Wondering whether to wait for upgrade invitation or use the flash drive to upgrade? ,,,,You need network configuration ?, Do I Start > Run, and paste, "ipconfig /all > %temp%\ip.txt & notepad %temp%\ip.txt" and click enter ? Thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Whoops. That only works from a Command Prompt.
    For Start > Run you need this: %comspec% /c ipconfig /all > %temp%\ip.txt & notepad %temp%\ip.txt

cheers, Paul
    Last edited by Paul T; 2015-08-08 at 04:29.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Johnster (2015-08-08)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No problem Paul I disconnected the spare drives and Clean installed Win7, Updated and didn't wait for the invitation, Downloaded the upgrade tool and Guess What!...It upgraded successfully with internet connection a big Thank You to all involved, Paul T, bbearren and to anvarIaI for the suggestion Best Regards, John

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnster View Post
    No problem Paul I disconnected the spare drives and Clean installed Win7, Updated and didn't wait for the invitation, Downloaded the upgrade tool and Guess What!...It upgraded successfully with internet connection a big Thank You to all involved, Paul T, bbearren and to anvarIaI for the suggestion Best Regards, John
    Glad you got it sorted out, and thanks for posting your resolution.

Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anvarlal View Post
    Experienced very same problem. Windows 8.1 was installed earlier, update was downloaded using LAN.
    And after update to Windows 10 , no LAN.

Checked my system BIOS, there was an option GREEN LAN, ie only enable LAN when cable is connected.
    Disabled GREEN LAN and voila, Windows 10 detected the LAN Realtek PCIe GBE with no trouble.

Hope someone can use this tip to help themselves.

Regards
    Hello, I'm extremely interested by what you said, how did you do that exactly, step by step ? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. Thanks very much for helping !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast