3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win10 and ClassicShell

Has anyone used ClassicShell (www.classicshell.net) under Win10?

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I downloaded the latest version from the home page. It installed flawlessly and is running fine. Even with the Windows 10 menu improvements, I still like classic shell better.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, I suspect that I would agree with you. I have two Win8 systems here running CS already with the desktop I am using running Win7. Did you install CS after updating to Win10? or did you leave it in place while doing the update? or was this a native Win10 from the get-go?

Thanks,

K

Quote Originally Posted by elgercee View Post
    I downloaded the latest version from the home page. It installed flawlessly and is running fine. Even with the Windows 10 menu improvements, I still like classic shell better.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I left it in place when I did the upgrade but it wasn't there after the install completed. I downloaded the latest version which is geared toward Windows 10. They have the latest stable version 4.2.1 and the latest release candidate 4.2.3. I went with 4.2.3 and haven't had any problems with it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How does CS handle Win10 startmenu tiles (alternatives so you still can get to them that is)? I've used Classic Shell for over a year when I was on Win8.1. Might go back to it for Win10 but need to know how to access my tiles so that I can access the few that I actually still use (like my games; lol).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess I will uninstall it first before upgrading to Win10. Seems like the best way.

K

Quote Originally Posted by elgercee View Post
    I left it in place when I did the upgrade but it wasn't there after the install completed. I downloaded the latest version which is geared toward Windows 10. They have the latest stable version 4.2.1 and the latest release candidate 4.2.3. I went with 4.2.3 and haven't had any problems with it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I never used tiles in 8.1--that's why I installed CS. I set the left side of the menu with folders--games, utilities, print & graphics, Multi-Media, etc. Each folder contains all of the games, apps, etc. that I would use. At the bottom of the list is "Apps." Inside apps is all of the stuff MS puts there. Sorry I can't help you with tiles.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think Classic Shell publishes installation statistics but Stardock has stated that their Start10 ($4.99) is running just slightly behind the installation rate of 8/8.1. The average was running between 20,000 and 25,000 a day for Windows 10. I used Start8 and Classic Shell on Windows 8.1 systems and found both provide a very satisfactory experience. Personally, if I have to continually modify the interface to get a workable environment then Microsoft has failed miserably to give users what they want.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    MS have always failed to give user what they want.

cheers, Paul