Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do I import contacts to Win 10 Mail?

Dear all, and thanks in advance..
    Not sure what I am missing here with the mail app for Win10, but how do I import my contact settings, and what is the best format to use..??

Thanxx,,
    Peter

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schwenzerp View Post
    Dear all, and thanks in advance..
    Not sure what I am missing here with the mail app for Win10, but how do I import my contact settings, and what is the best format to use..??
    What I usually do is determine Where the original contacts are, what program is being used. Then I determine the format that the destination program can use such as .csv/Comma Separated Values/Variables. Back to the original I determine if that is a format I can use and Export as that then Import on the new. Another way I've done it is similar but Import to the Contacts Folder in C:\Users\USER_NAME and use that for the source for the Import in other programs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

schwenzerp (2015-08-07)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Berton;
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am using a web mail program to export the contacts, and I have it is several formats. What I am not sure of is: "how do get it into Win 10 Mail. I can not find any import form, or any way to vies the contacts. What am I missing..??

New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Mail app

Same issue here but it's a total waste of time calling the Windows 10 tech's because they would not have a flaming clue. I've had them logged onto my PC and they totaly scare me the way they fumble around :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by schwenzerp View Post
    Berton;
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am using a web mail program to export the contacts, and I have it is several formats. What I am not sure of is: "how do get it into Win 10 Mail. I can not find any import form, or any way to vies the contacts. What am I missing..??

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried https://people.live.com/ where you can import contacts from a CSV file?