New Lounger
    Thanks

Remote printing from Macbook to a Win 10 Desktop with Non-networking printer

Help needed!
    I have two computers on the same domestic wi-fi network and only one printer, which is connected to the Win 10 PC via USB port.
    The second computer is an Apple MacBook Pro running the latest OSX (10.10.4).
    Before upgranding the first PC from Win 7 to Win 10, the solution that allowed the MacBook to print over the domesrtic network (enable LPD Print Service on Win 7 PC; share the printer; input on Macbook the printer address as lpd://IP address of PC/Shared Printer name) does not work anymore after PC upgrading to Win 10. It seems that LPD Print Service is no more supported by Win 10. Has anyone already met this Problem?
    Now, waiting for a valuable suggestion to solve the problem, I downgraded the PC to Win 7 and all is going well as before the upgrading to Win 10.
    I already submitted this post to the Italian Windows forum, but no one could help me.
    The same post was submitted to the international Apple forum, from which I received the suggestion to post it here.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    In Win10, right click the Start button, select "Programs and Features", click on "Turn Windows features on or off", click on the "+" next to "Print and Document Services", and then click on "LPD print service" to make sure it is checked. OK your way out. That will enable LPD. NOTE: You may have to re-boot to complete the install.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks JoeP517,
    now I'm going to restore Win 10 in my PC, which isn't a trivial action after having recovered to Win 7 from the previously installed Win 10.
    As soon as I succeed, I'll try to enable LPD print service according to your instructions.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks!
    after having restored Win 10 in my PC, I discovered that the upgrading process from Win 7 left unchanged the enable status of LPD print service, so that I didn't have even to change this setting and now I am printing from my Macbook to the USB printer of Win 10 PC without any problem!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Great!! Glad you resolved it. Thanks for posting back.

Joe