Lounger
    Thanks

New window (IE 5.5)

I installed IE 6, didn't like what was happening to my sytem, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE 5.5.
    Ever since then I can't open up a new window, i just get a flash on the screen and it stays open with just one window. Also when I try to click a link on a web site, I don't get anywhere. In the corner of the screen I receive a javascript error.
    Any ideas on what went wrong and what I can do to get Explorer working "normal" again.
    Thanks for any help.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New window (IE 5.5)

Hi
    I wonder what it was you didn't like about IE6 and what it was doing to your system? You should not have noticed any difference (except when using it, and an extra 'Privacy' tag in Tools).
    If you can't Repair (via Control panelAddRemove Programs) the simplest route is an 'over-the-top' re-installation of your OS. i.e into the current directory. You'll have to also re-install any SPs, patches and encryption level. However, this doesn't take long, and it will restore your browser to an unmodified state.

Rgds

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, I'll try the reinstall of IE 6 as you suggested.

I also solved the problem of not being able to open a new window and not getting anywhere when clicking on a link.
    I had installed pop-up stopper not realizing the program would affect the browser capabilities. Once I removed that program everything seems to be back to normal.
    Do you know of any other programs that stop these annoying pop up windows that won't create any problems.

Thanks

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    I use NoAds (#82, my site) but none of them is 100% effective. This one does not cause any problems afaik, it's free and it sits in the Systray.

Click My Sig