Thread: Video Playback

Thanks

Video Playback

After installing Windows 10, I can no longer view any of my saved downloaded videos as I was able to do in Windows 7. All I get is either a green screen with sound, or I get a black screen with the sound. I can view them just fine on my Surface RT device however.
    I have installed VLC as a work around for now, but this is a bit irritating. Anyone else having a problem?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the format of the videos? Probably a codec is missing or corrupt in any case since VLC works, which carries it's own codecs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    What is the format of the videos? Probably a codec is missing or corrupt in any case since VLC works, which carries it's own codecs.
    Most are Mp4 and some are WMV
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    Most are Mp4 and some are WMV

FWI WX does not have MPEG-2 aka H.222/H.262 functionality, a DVD Player is available from the store. If you 'upgraded' from a system with Media Center you can get it for free. If NOT you will pay $14.99. Which seems a whole lot cheaper than $15 I guess.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Thanks for your input
    I should add, that I am also getting no Web videos as well. As for my own stuff, I took care of being able to view that by installing VLC and it works just fine.
    As for the web videos I'm suspecting that for the most part I have bigger problems in that I cannot view web videos in Edge, I.E. 11, or in Firefox. Now let me clarify that statement too. I went to a couple of less famous websites, that I know are using Adobe flash, and all but one opened and played the videos perfectly in all three browsers. So I'm thinking I'm going to uninstall Adobe Flash and all things Adobe and see what the hell happens.....
    Thanks John

Thanks
    This just keeps getting stranger by the minute. After uninstalling all things Adobe, I opened up the Edge browser and was able to view the web videos on both Fox News. and MSN. I was however unable to view the web videos on USA today's web site. Next up I opened up I.E.11, and without reinstalling Adobe Flash, and was not able to view the videos on Fox News, but was able to view them on USA Today, which I wasn't able to do using Edge, and again MSN was rock solid. Next up I went to Firefox, and all three sites were rock solid in their video playback. Looks like for now I'll have to use Firefox, and I'm not going to install Adobe unless it becomes absolutely necessary. Still open for suggestions though.
    Thanks John