2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 Pro

Received my notice on my laptop that I could upgrade to Windows Pro 10 64b. Everything went without a hitch until it asked me for my password. Simple, it was my wife's birthyear and then mine. Problem? It will not recognize it! So, now what do I do?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In Windows 10 (after completion of the upgrade)?

For a Microsoft account (with an email address)?

Was it a password or PIN? (4 digits on 8.1?)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It is asking for your Microsoft account password.
    Barry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My password was a pin of 4 digits. I went from 8.1 to 10. I tried my Microsoft account password and that would not work. I kept noticing in the left hand bottom portion of the page that it asked if I was Ray H (the name I had given to the laptop). After everything else had failed, I thought, "Why not?" and clicked on it. There was a wait of about 15 seconds or so. Then another page appeared. It gave me a choice of re-entering my ID, which was my email address and a password. Below that were the choices, (1) digits, (2) password, or (3) picture. I chose digits, entered my 4 and it completed the installation. Talked about relief. Now, I'll put 10 through its paces to see if everything works. I'll try a print out first to see if it will connect through wfii with my printer. Thanks for your suggestions.