Star Lounger
    Thanks

No bluetooth com port detected

Upgraded to windows 10 went okay. But now every time I start the computer I get the message "There is no Bluetooth com port detected. Please ensure a Bluetooth com port is setup, then restart the system". After clicking ok, you get a message that says using com port 1. The next time you start the computer it says using com port 2 and so on. I am now using com port 11. I tested the Bluetooth by using my phone and sending a photo to the computer and it works fine. It is actually faster that with windows 7.

I have the Asus p9x79pro motherboard and all drivers are up to date. Any ideas on how to fix this error message?

Thanks,

Mike

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    See if post #5 of this ASUS Support thread helps: [Problem]Bluetooth Not Working (No COM Port)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had already checked that out and updated the chipset and lan. Bluetooth is not listed anywhere. I thought I saw Bluetooth in their downloads about a year ago, but nothing is listed for the motherboard that says Bluetooth.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

followup

When I enter windows 7 instead of windows 10 for os version the old Bluetooth shows up. It won't install. I get a wrong os version message.