New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Last official update brings official popup woes

I got a notice that here were windows XP updates that I had not installed. I downloaded them and installed them, now I have a continuous popup informing me that windows in no longer valid. That's odd as I have used this windows version for many many years and have never had this issue.
    According to a Microsoft web page provided through the popup, the only solution is to purchase a new computer from or through Microsoft. The word "blaskmail" comes to my mind when I get guidance like that.
    Is there a way to simply remove the popup and continue using my Win XP as I have been doing , up untill I loaded the last of the 'offical' windows updates?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    the only xp updates I get are for the malware removal tool. Are you sure it was a MS update if so try to uninstall. A few virus scans maybe in order.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Uninstall KB2934207, then disable it from being installed. That's what I did anyway.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sonofarr, Microsoft ceased providing new critical updates for XP in April 2014. Hence there is no protection against all new security holes discovered by hackers since then. An antivirus program and firewall is not enough to protect you from this issue, and an increasing number of antivirus programs do not work on XP at all. Using XP for internet access is just asking to be hacked, saying "I haven't had problems so far so it must be OK" is a head in the sand approach. You need Windows 8 or Windows 10. You can use the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to check if your current computer has enough grunt for an upgrade: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...oad-online-faq

Microsoft has just released Windows 10, which means you might be able to pick up a copy of Windows 8 cheap if you're fast enough (OEM editions are very affordable). There's a Microsoft offer until June next year to upgrade all Windows 7 and Windows 8 installations to Windows 10 for free. Or you could just buy Windows 10.