New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't update Silverlight

For some time now, I have not been able to update Silverlight through the Windows Update page. It always can't find the msi file. I have tried to reload Silverlight from scratch and get the same problem.

I have two concerns. The first is that I am vulnerable without the update. The second is that I may need it to install Windows 20 when the time comes.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, how did you solve it? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try uninstalling Silverlight from Control Panel, Programs then download and install from http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

Silverlight can't be used in the Windows 10 Edge browser, and it's not required for many sites now anyway.

If it's still a problem, tell us which version of Windows and IE, and the exact error message.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows version 7 Professional and Internet Explorer version 11.0.21.

I tried uninstalling Siverlight as directed and it wants the same information to uninstall it as it wants to install the update.

I opened my files so that I can see system files and searched for silverlight.msi. It was in the directory 086a14f910a45cbae6 but when I pointed to that, it still gave me an error message except that this one said that it as not a valid installation package.

My impulse is to delete the entire directory, but I am afraid that I will lose something that I need.

Thanks, Bob

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    See what this Fixit can do for you and then use the other link to reinstall.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rpomeroy/arc...tallation.aspx