Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with Win Secrets Newsletter button for Susan Bradleys Patch Watch

Hello. I am having a problem with the Newsletter Button when u go to the Windows Secrets section. I am trying to get help from a Kathleen at the sites Help center but not getting answers fast enough on the fix and I now have 15 Windows Updates sitting there. I don't do the Automatic thing and I rely on Woodys site and the Susan Bradley Patch Watch Article when it comes out. Unless I have gone completely brain dead seems to me I used to click on the Yellow like Newsletter button and it turned white and brought up the old Newsletters and if u clicked on the white Newsletter Button again it would either bring up Susan's last Patch Watch Article or a new one. Well, when I click on it the second time I am not getting the words " Patch Watch" popping up to click on to get her Patch Watch article??? Am I brain dead. Doing something wrong?? What. I am showing signed in also. The other thing I wrote in My " Contact " letter to them is that i can't use the option of using my email and then writing my problem in the box because as I finish there are the words " Captcha" there but in a light grey color but, there is no Captcha or any box to fill in or whatever they have for that here. It has never worked since I have been on the Newsletter so I don't even know what is supposed to be there so if I press the Submit button it obviously tells me I didn't fill out the Captcha that is not there lol. Whatever???? Help Need to Update soon?

drdoo2 / Pat

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The Newsletters/PatchWatch link and the Contact/Captcha work fine for me, but there is no help center.

Try a different browser?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, Bruce I use Firefox and that doesn't have anything to do with how the button choices on the Newsletter work. They worked fine a week ago so I don't need answers like " mine works fine" lol

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoo2 View Post
    Sorry, Bruce I use Firefox and that doesn't have anything to do with how the button choices on the Newsletter work. They worked fine a week ago so I don't need answers like " mine works fine" lol
    Pardon me for trying to help.

If you click the Newsletters tab, when it changes from yellow to white, there's a link just below it for Patch Watch.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's the problem Bruce I am not getting the words " Patch Watch " when I do that. I have used Patch Watch for 8 months now but the clicking on the Newsletter button no longer brings it up and the administrators have given no help so far. Thinking of registering again for the newsletter under a new email and see what happens maybe it will work maybe not and I'm out a few bucks unless they give me a rebate. I sent them an email asking if this might work and no reply.Thanks. Not trying to be rude.

drdoo2

Thanks
    http://windowssecrets.com/category/patch-watch/

Note:If you are using a script blocker this may be affecting site behavior.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoo2 View Post
    That's the problem Bruce I am not getting the words " Patch Watch " when I do that. I have used Patch Watch for 8 months now but the clicking on the Newsletter button no longer brings it up and the administrators have given no help so far. Thinking of registering again for the newsletter under a new email and see what happens maybe it will work maybe not and I'm out a few bucks unless they give me a rebate. I sent them an email asking if this might work and no reply.Thanks. Not trying to be rude.

drdoo2
    Patch Watch is there, right at the top, both in Chrome and Firefox:

Capture.JPG

There is nothing special that I can see in the HTML, so, sorry to say it, it must be something with your browser.

I think this has nothing to do with registration. The link you can see in the picture was obtained without being logged in as a subscriber. This is a browser issue. I suggest you try with more than one browser.
    Rui
    -------
    R4