Lounger
    Thanks

Edge browser won't open a PDF

I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro N to Win 10 Pro N. The Edge browser won't open an online PDF, returning the message:

Something is Missing
    To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don't currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack to view this PDF.

I haven't found a "Media Feature Pack" for Windows 10 (help here would be appreciated). FWIW, Chrome was previously installed on this system, and still works fine, displaying the PDF perfectly (if slowly) that Edge would not.

Thoughts?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think the Media Feature Pack aspect is connected to your Windows edition being "N", which is intended for Europe. Why is that what you're using?

Windows 10 N edition

You can apparently download the Media Center Pack (I don't yet understand why the PDF issue is related, but it could be):

Grab the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions
    Last edited by BruceR; 2015-08-11 at 16:46.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    I think the Media Feature Pack aspect is connected to your Windows edition being "N", which is intended for Europe. Why is that what you're using?

Windows 10 N edition

You can apparently download the Media Center Pack (I don't yet understand why the PDF issue is related, but it could be):

Grab the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions

Thanks for your help. That did the trick.
    The reason I was using the N version is that my Windows 8/8.1 was from a Microsoft TechNet Subscription, so of course the Windows 10 upgrade is 10N as well.
    Pretty odd that the ability to open a PDF is tied to the Media Center Pack.