Thanks

My first Patch Tuesday was successful under Windows 10.

I'm feeling even a bit more comfortable with my new Windows 10 PC's now that I've successfully gone thru my first Patch Tuesday. Everything went well and there was already a Windows 10 cumulative update out there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggy451 View Post
    I'm feeling even a bit more comfortable with my new Windows 10 PC's now that I've successfully gone thru my first Patch Tuesday. Everything went well and there was already a Windows 10 cumulative update out there.
    I only got 1 update (KB3081424) but that came on Sunday 9th. No problems though. BTW how do you find Windows Updates in the Control Panel now. I have to type it in Find a Setting in Start to find it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KIWIpeteW View Post
    BTW how do you find Windows Updates in the Control Panel now. I have to type it in Find a Setting in Start to find it.
    There's no Windows Update in Control Panel on Windows 10. Settings, Update & security is where to find it. Update & security can be pinned to Start menu with a right-click.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

KIWIpeteW (2015-08-11)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So far no problems with any patches (updates) on my 3 desktop machines - 2 of which are of Vista vintage!

Rich

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Only had 4 or 5 updates when I checked. All successful. Still have issues with Virtualbox, but I'm not the only one (mainly with hibernate/sleep; very strange). Thought it was fixed but it was not (when I did something sort of drastic; lol). Oh well. I'm sure this time next year, all will be working well. Not going back to 8.1 though I really didn't dislike 8.1 (with Classic Shell that is).

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just checked and had 4 updates since install win10. Actually everything has been so smooth I even forgot I had a new version. I didn't loose my fav desktop wallpaper and only had a few programs to reinstall again. After that frustrating week of fails to install, I can smile again.