Thanks

Windows 10 - My Twopennorth

I posted about my Windows 10 installation experience a day or two ago, but included a link to my blog where I had written it up. This resulted in the deletion of my post, but we've sorted that out now. So if you are remotely interested in the efforts of an 81 year old peep to upgrade from Windows 8.1 you can read about it here.

My remarks about "Administrative Permissions" in the above blog post no longer apply as a little diligent searching produced a solution for that - but it was pretty annoying at the time.

Having had Windows 10 in use for a few days now my impressions are favourable - in particular when I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8 then to 8.1 I was frequently faced with the message "not responding" on browsers and programmes of all sorts. I haven't seen that as yet in 10 - but give it time !

Thanks
    Yeah, that was will worth the 2 IMHO.

I hope you soon get around the Admin. issues.
    Did the logon used in Win7 at the start of the upgrade have Admin rights?
    Did your old passwords carry over?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagent View Post
    Having had Windows 10 in use for a few days now my impressions are favourable - in particular when I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8 then to 8.1 I was frequently faced with the message "not responding" on browsers and programmes of all sorts. I haven't seen that as yet in 10 - but give it time !
    Oh ye of little faith! Sorry, I couldn't resist. I can understand the frustration as I am 3 years younger and been messing around computers since the '80's. I can't empathize regarding Windows 10 because I am "luckier" than you. I installed and ran all the various builds (Insider Program) without one BSOD or major problem. I have 3 desktops and all upgraded without issues. Two of those desktops are twin HP Vista-age, quad core computers. The other is an I-5 that is a little over 2 years old.
    I'm a bit of a software junkie and quite pleased with Windows 10 - so far!

Rich (The Younger)
    Last edited by rmonroe36; 2015-08-12 at 18:53. Reason: Spelling