Lounger
    Thanks

Problems Getting Win 10 App on PC

I'm running Windows 7 and, to date, the "Get Windows 10 App" has never appeared in my system tray. After reading Microsoft's Q&A article "The Get Windows 10 App Doesn't Appear in Windows 7 or 8.1" and as suggested in their article, I ran their "Windows Troubleshooter" (GW10 Diagnostic App.....and if the app did NOT appear after doing so, I should run the troubleshooter again). A popup window appeared that stated Windows Update KB3035583 had to be installed. It provided a link to do so - I did this and it WAS/IS downloaded to my computer. Still no app in my system tray. So, as suggested I ran the troubleshooter again. Up popped the same message, i.e, KB3035583 had to be installed. I again clicked on the download link and the message "KB3035583 is installed on your computer". I remain without the app in my system tray. I need to know if if my PC is compatible for this Windows 10. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Nomad; 2015-08-12 at 10:32. Reason: to correct a digit error in the KB number

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Run Windows Update and check what optional updates are offered. I'd install everything offered.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks....will do and I'll report back

Lounger
    Thanks
    Installed all remaining updates......and still no Win 10 app in system tray.

This is one of Win 10's hardware requirements:

"Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver"

This is what I have on my PC:

"Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100"

Could this be a problem? Should I update the driver???. By far, not an expert at this....grasping for straws right now.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    According to Graphics Drivers Supported Operating Systems the 3000 series is not supported in Windows 10.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh no! Is upgrading to 10 now impossible? Can you suggest any alternatives? Thank you, Joe, for your help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Oh no! Is upgrading to 10 now impossible? Can you suggest any alternatives? Thank you, Joe, for your help.

Try giving MicroSoft a call, I've heard of some good results from this.You may need some spare time as they may keep you waiting,Google a MS phone number for your area.