5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No summer break from Windows/Office patching

PATCH WATCH

No summer break from Windows/Office patching

By Susan Bradley

Although it's the first Patch Tuesday of the Windows 10 era, little has changed we're still getting lots of updates, many of which require reboots. For Win10, most of the separate updates are for Office; the OS updates now come in one big bundle. Win10 imposes a new limitation: updates can be delayed only if you're using the Windows Software Update Services on a network.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/patch-watch/no-summer-break-from-windowsoffice-patching/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2015-08-12 at 17:48.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The suggestion to download NoScript for firefox has a small problem, it is not compatible with FF 40.0.2 which is the iteration I am using.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jq2intx View Post
    The suggestion to download NoScript for firefox has a small problem, it is not compatible with FF 40.0.2 which is the iteration I am using.
    Figured it out, original error came from NoScript site so went to CNet download, their version is from 2013. NOT compatible at all. Went to Mozilla Add ons and downloaded from there for FF and that version is the latest for NoScript. It does work great. Had to allow Windows Secrets in order to see and reply to this thread.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Cumulative update for Windows 10: August 14, 2015:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438

And another Windows 10 release

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yup; noticed that too Susan. Not sure if it was this update or my recent installation of VirtualBox 1.0.1x beta that fixed my hibernate/sleep issue but happy that's now resolved too.