New Lounger
    Thanks

I click "Send"--nothing happens--but the message was sent.

I frequently send the same message more than once because Outlook will not tell me "Message Sent."
    I click "send" and absolutely nothing happens. Normally the message shrinks down to almost nothing as if flying away from me and Outlook confirms that it has been sent. But at other times nothing happens. If I try to check the "Sent" file, the message I've just written will be erased.
    At these times, to find out if the message has been sent I have to open another browser tab, load another window with Outlook and check the "Sent" file there. This is tedious in the extreme. This happens to me in three different countries and using many different WiFi connections. I'm using a Dell laptop running Windows 8.1 + update.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Please confirm that this is in Outlook.com web mail, not an Outlook program on your computer (Outlook 2003/7/10/13).

While you're composing a message, it should get automatically saved in your Drafts folder. Does anything appear there?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What browser are you using?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If it is Outlook.com, you can push the refresh arrow next to the folders button to see if that updates instead of opening a new tab

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The desktop versions of Outlook (all of them) use an Outbox as a staging area. When you click Send, the message first goes to the Outbox. If the computer cannot connect to the internet, or has any other kind of problem, the message will stay in the Outbox until Outlook can achieve a successful network connection.

My questions would be:

1). Do you have an Outbox? It's a folder much like any other;
    2). Why do you feel the need to check the sending status of those messages? Is it how your Outlook is responding to your send action?
    3). It might be worthwhile testing your sending problems. When Outlook is acting weird or different, just leave it alone. It may be that your message is in your Outbox but some connectivity issue is temporarily delaying the next step in the sending process;
    4). If you are using webmail (Outlook.com), the above may not work. Presumably if you have connectivity issues, the very same issues that prevent dispatch from the Outbox could also prevent entry of that message into the Outbox.
    Last edited by BHarder; 2015-09-29 at 12:49. Reason: active -> acting

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Another point about the Send, I've seen businesses create messages throughout the day and they get stored in the Outbox when clicking Send in the compose panel then just before closing up for the day they click the Send/Receive button in the main program and the messages send. Most times they sent at a time when the Internet wasn't so busy, faster 'net speeds have alleviated some of that. Home users aren't that regimented and want quicker 'gratification'.