New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Blurry/Fuzzy Text in Windows 10

After upgrading two Dell PC's, one running Windows 7 Home and the other Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, text is really fuzzy/blurry in SOME menus, such as Device Manager and Skype and other apps/menus seemingly upgraded from the previous OS. All other Windows 10 scaling is fine. A Microsoft tech got into my computer for over an hour and couldn't fix the problem. He checked for updates to NVIDIA GeForce GT 759m with TPM V1.2 and Thunderbolt as well as the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. Both were up to date. Is this a Microsoft problem they can fix or is it a display problem I wonder? Scaling is set at 150%; 100% recommended is way too tiny for my Dell 27" All In One as well as the Dell XPS with a Dell 24" monitor; ATI Radeon HD 4200. Is anybody else having this problem and if so is there a fix I wonder? Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What does 125% look like?

There may be video driver issues. Nvidia drivers have been troublesome for some time. Could also be a Microsoft issue as some pieces appear to not have been updated to Win10 design standards.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Berto (2015-08-14)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe..............................125% doesn't fix the problem either so I'm rather sure you are correct in stating items from previous OS have not been updated to Win10 design and scale. Will have to wait for the fix from Microsoft. I have noted that many others are discovering this same problem in the Win10 feedback app. I also understand that a new Win10 Skype has to be created; more waiting but thanks again for your insight.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Re: Skype. Unfortunately, you are stuck with desktop Skype right now. No one outside Microsoft knows what the plans are for a Universal Skype.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Just saw that Nvidia has released a WHQL updated driver. You may want to check on that.

Joe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Berto (2015-08-14)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks again Joe...........................I updated Nvidia yesterday but that didn't fix the fuzzy/blurry text problem. It's strange in that Windows 10 menu titles are in Win10 clear text format but the rest of the content below, which has been transferred from the previous OS, is blurry and fuzzy. So in Device Manager for example, that exact text is Win10 - clear and easy to read, but not what is underneath.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Joe.....................I discovered this "fix" for Windows 10 DPI scaling problems on large screen monitors this morning but I have not tried it. What is your opinion? You were right in that it's a Microsoft scaling problem that remaisn unfixed: http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

Administrator
    Thanks
    Looks like a temporary solution. I'd want to re-test the native functionality periodically to see what has been fixed.

Joe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Berto (2015-08-16)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm taking your advice and will wait to see the fix from Microsoft. I really like Windows 10 and don't want to screw up anything needlessly. Thanks again.