Star Lounger
    Thanks

Does Skype require a Microsoft account?

When I set up my Windows 8 system, I avoided the attempt to get me to set up a Microsoft account. This morning, I was curious about Skype and tried to set it up and it is really, really insisting that I set up that Microsoft account. Is this required? There is a small option at the bottom that lets you "Sign into each app seperately" but it just takes you to another login for a Microsoft account. I'm not completely set against creating the account, but I don't want my PC to start trying to sell products and changing my preferences just because Microsoft wants me in their corporate collective. I'm not biased or anything. Nope.

TIA

Thanks
    I (and others) have had a MS account to login for a while. I've yet to be bombarded with ads or had my preferences changed. When I had a local account, I used the "Sign in...separately" method. Again no problems.

The point is you have to sign in with something if you click that link. And Skype requires you to sign in with something else how would you be able to call anybody, or them you?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Skype and MS acc.

Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I (and others) have had a MS account to login for a while. I've yet to be bombarded with ads or had my preferences changed. When I had a local account, I used the "Sign in...separately" method. Again no problems.

The point is you have to sign in with something if you click that link. And Skype requires you to sign in with something else how would you be able to call anybody, or them you?
    You do NOT have to have a MS account to run Skype, google skype, find download and off you go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FRIDGES For This Useful Post:

KIWIpeteW (2015-10-04)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You can create a skype specific account. This can be done at the Skype website:

https://login.skype.com/account/signup-form
    Rui
    -------
    R4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

G.B.Davis (2015-08-20)