3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2016 word wrap issue

Win 10 - Office 2016
    Recently some emails in the reading pane extend well past the normal page boundaries requiring extensive horizontal scrolling. Yesterday the issue seemed to disappeared, today it is back and appears to be affecting more emails. It appears the emails were formatted for a much wider pane. If I zoom in to the point that the font is barely readable, I still have to scroll. It seems to need the "word wrap" function.
    Don't know why; don't know how to fix. Never had this problem with Outlook before.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When you have one of these messages, pop it out of the reading pane and see if the title bar says the message is formatted as HTML, Rich Text or Plain Text and report back.

Also check your default printer and advise.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem emails are HTML.
    Default printer is same as before, a HP 870Cxi printer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skipro View Post
    Win 10 - Office 2016
    Recently some emails in the reading pane extend well past the normal page boundaries requiring extensive horizontal scrolling. Yesterday the issue seemed to disappeared, today it is back and appears to be affecting more emails. It appears the emails were formatted for a much wider pane. If I zoom in to the point that the font is barely readable, I still have to scroll. It seems to need the "word wrap" function.
    Don't know why; don't know how to fix. Never had this problem with Outlook before.
    Is the text overly large? If so maybe holding down the Ctrl key and pressing - will reduce what is in the panel.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Office 2016 is beta software. Problems are to be expected. Check the Microsoft Office beta forums.

Joe
    Last edited by JoeP517; 2015-08-13 at 22:39. Reason: Moving this to WSL Beta forum.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi skipro. I have that same issue. Windows 10 x64, Office 16.0.4229.1014 x64. Even if I stretch the message view across two monitors, it still needs a lot of scrolling. And I've also had the case where it magically came right after a reboot, but the next day the issue was back. Due to the Windows 10 "Start menu" issue, I rolled back to Windows 8.1, and the problem didn't go away. Now I'm back on Windows 10, it's still happening.

As for contacting Microsoft about this issue - if you click the Outlook "File" tab you should see a "Feedback" item on the left-hand menu. That opens the Windows 10 Feedback App, and I see people are reporting Outlook 2016 Preview problems there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

HTML in Browser

Quote Originally Posted by skipro View Post
    The problem emails are HTML.
    Default printer is same as before, a HP 870Cxi printer.

When the email is open you have the option to view within a browser.

Just above the message pane to the left is an "i" symbol, "If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser."

Best option at present until issue is fixed by M/soft.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Resolved the problem by disabling the 'Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-In' in Outlook 2016. Hope it's permanent but do not know what impact it might have otherwise. (I do not use the SP app)
    Last edited by comprar; 2016-05-27 at 05:37.