Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 upgrade: To be or not to be, that is the question!

I'm not one to jump at the first version of anything. Therefore, I am inclined to stay away from upgrading to Win 10. Currently have WIn 7 Pro on 3 machines. Since I value the opinion of my fellow Windows Secrets users, I am asking to see how many Windows Secrets users have or will upgrade to WIn 10? NOrmally I would ignore it but Win 10 now is free. As soon as I decide to upgrade it will be $100-$150 so I'd like to avoid paying for 3 machines and I would like to avoid getting Win 10 but I will to avaid paying! Your thoughts! Thanks a lot in advance!! Ed Boyd

Thanks
    In my case we have 3 desktops (Win 7 Pro sp1) and I bought a recent HP laptop, not only because I wanted one but for my trial run of Win 10 Pro. I setup the laptop the way I wanted it and then cloned the HDD so that if Win 10 sucks I just put the old HDD back in ( insurance ).
    I have to admit that the Win 10 upgrade went well for me on the laptop and I do actually like it. The only caveat is that hardware/software hasn't caught up to win 10 drivers fully yet. But all in all It's been a good experience. It will be some time before upgrading the other computers though since it will be awhile for things to get aligned with hardware support.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You have a year. If you want wait several months then upgrade. Pick one machine, upgrade it, run it to verify it is OK. Then upgrade the others.

Joe

Thanks
    Win10 Home is running great on my Laptop,had trouble upgrading but the failed installs done no damage. I went from WIN8.1 to WIN10 but I have read a little about some problems going from WIN7 to WIN10. Woody had a bit of advice about this and also some of his followers commented about certain machines which were not ready. If you don't already I recommend you and anyone else to follow AskWoody.com and his MS-DEFCON. Maybe not so important now for WIN10 but I will sure keep a eye on his page. Windows 10 Review: Hold off if you use Windows 7
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-08-14 at 00:24.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    What Joe said.

cheers, Paul