New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Windows Update to Win 10

I have tried to update my Widows 7 to Windows 10 via windows update and here is what happens. It downloads windows 10, goes into preparing to install mode for about 35 minutes and the "Update Failure" shows up with the error 80070005. I am running in administrator. I have Googled this error and have tried the fix with no luck. I think this is a permission problem but not sure. Everything I have tried fails.

Thanks
    Use the ISO method (as described in other threads on the Win 10 forum). I had similar problems but using the ISO method was dead simple.

Here is one such link, which was found in this thread
    Last edited by access-mdb; 2015-08-15 at 09:01.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

Thank You Access I will give it a try. I like that idea much better than using Windows Update.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    Use the ISO method (as described in other threads on the Win 10 forum). I had similar problems but using the ISO method was dead simple.

Here is one such link, which was found in this thread
    That method of creating an ISO seems to be more complicated than necessary now that Microsoft has made ISO download easy with its Media Creation Tool.

That article was published a month before Windows 10 GA/RTM and has keys for Insider Preview builds which will no longer apply.

Thanks
    Thanks Bruce, I did look for where the ISO method was linked to and Clint's one was the one I found. I have suggested in another thread that a sticky be created with all the issues that could occur with their solutions; just to have them in one place.