Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Updates automatically installed

Hello,
    In prior version of Windows, I had it setup to download Updates and Notify of Updates BUT NOT INSTALL THEM. This gave me the ability to control when they actually got installed. Very important to me for PC's that are running remotely. With Windows-10, it appears that I no longer have that ability. It appears that they get installed automatically as Microsoft releases them. Am I wrong? Can this behavior be changed?

Thanks!
    Bill

Thanks
    No, you're not wrong. With Windows 10 Pro, there is the ability to postpone updates, but not to refuse them That option is reserved for Windows 10 Enterprise, it seems.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows 10 Home Premium. I hate the way the updates are being done. I don't mind automatic updates, but I want to choose when those happen. I have always updated at shutdown. Now I can only choose a general time to restart. Every single time updates have been done, my computer would slow down or freeze up. I only hope that Microsoft changes this as if they don't I may have to go back to Windows 7.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not happy about it either. But I'm more concerned about the lack of indication of update activity. The black screen you get after the start-up blue screen can last a long time if updates are being installed. Makes you wonder if there is a problem. Everyone can't see the HD activity light.
    George