New Lounger
    Thanks

Trying to Erase Win10, go back to Win7, but...........

Every day there is an update for Security Essentials that triggers the download of Win10, even though I have eliminated KB 3035583, KB2952664, KB3021917. I deleted Security Essentials and downloaded it from Microsoft, but update still wants me to add Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2310138 (Definition 1.203.2476.0), which once again triggers Win 10, despite the fact that I hide this update each time I see it. I went to the registry and found (under GWX) this entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\GWX\Reservation
    Default REG_SZ (Value not set)
    Reservation Source REG_SZ How to get Win 10
    Reservation State REG DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    Reservation Tag REG_SZ GWXApp

Is there something here that triggers the Win10 download? If so, what do I do about it? (I know little about the registry.) If this isn't it, what do I do next to get my updates to ONLY update Win7.

Glory

Thanks
    Security Essentials doesn't trigger the Win 10 upgrade. In win 7 these updates are needed for getting win 10, KB3035583, KB2952664, KB3050265, KB3068708, and KB2977759 on Windows 7 RTM.
    After uninstalling those, you can hide the win 10 update in Windows Updates I believe.
    Try this to get rid of the GWX,
    Go to Task Scheduler, navigate to Microsoft > Windows > Setup > gwx

Disable the two tasks in the gwx folder, and reboot. That will stop the GWX icon from loading and GWX.EXE from running.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, I did have one of the above updates on, which is now deleted. However, task scheduler simply stalls with the message "The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with". I cannot get the message to disappear without restarting the computer. Can you help with that so I can get the two TWX tasks out of the computer?
    Thanks

Thanks
    My recommendation would be to google this phrase- Windows 7 "The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with" -, just copy it and paste it into Google. There are a large number of fixes there so depending on exactly what your exact error message is, it may require editing the registry which is always a risky proposition.
    Maybe someone else will respond that has a lot more knowledge than I do.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am grateful for your suggestions. They have prompted me to do much checking online. The problems continue but I do have new steps to try. I do have the Win10 update hidden, but it does not seem to matter. Whenever I try to use Windows update, it downloads Win10 before any of the selected updates. At one point I found listed under GWX something called "GWX worker" which said it contained Windows 10 update, but I do not know if I can simply delete that portion of GWX or not. The fun continues................