New Lounger
    Thanks

What's happended to the clock amd the taskbar?

I've just migrated from Win 8.1 (with Start8 to restore the start list) to Win 10. I've already found two irritations, and would welcome suggestions as to how to deal with them.

1. With my previous set up, clicking the digital clock at the extreme right of the systray brought up an elegant, large analogue clock, and a scrollable calendar. I don't know whether this was a native feature of Win8, or a consequence of some add-on that I've forgotten installing, but its absence in Win 10 is an irritation and an inconvenience. Can I get it back somehow?

2. The long box (nearly one-quarter the width of the screen) at the left-hand end of the task bar means that I can no longer see more than one icon for programs pinned to the task bar. This is a real pain. Can the box be shrunk to the size of an icon, or even removed altogether?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleValley View Post
    I've just migrated from Win 8.1 (with Start8 to restore the start list) to Win 10. I've already found two irritations, and would welcome suggestions as to how to deal with them.

1. With my previous set up, clicking the digital clock at the extreme right of the systray brought up an elegant, large analogue clock, and a scrollable calendar. I don't know whether this was a native feature of Win8, or a consequence of some add-on that I've forgotten installing, but its absence in Win 10 is an irritation and an inconvenience. Can I get it back somehow?
    Not the analogue clock. Everything else is there.

2. The long box (nearly one-quarter the width of the screen) at the left-hand end of the task bar means that I can no longer see more than one icon for programs pinned to the task bar. This is a real pain. Can the box be shrunk to the size of an icon, or even removed altogether?
    Yes; right-click the taskbar and then Cortana; change to Hidden or Show Cortana icon instead of Show search box.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks
    Double-click the bottom right clock info icon to get a digital clock time and the scrollable calendar. Thanks, incidentally, for mentioning the scrolling; I didn't know and it's quite convenient.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Actually, single click works; I just didn't wait long enough for the clock to appear and tried the double-click. Sorry.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Thank you BruceR and Wayne for your replies.

After reading them I had another try at both single- and double- licking the Win 10 calendar, but neither action produced a scrollable calendar. I then went to Wayne's Windows Club link and read the very clear and straightforward instructions there, but before following them had another try at clicking and this time did bring up Win 10's (rather ugly, I think) installed calendar; but after going down the WinClub route hey presto! my favoured clock and calendar are in place once more. Then I tried BruceR's advice to regain sight of my task bar icons, and again hey presto! Job done.