5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Warning: Win10 rollbacks limited to one month

LANGALIST PLUS

Warning: Win10 rollbacks limited to one month

By Fred Langa

If you try Win10 but don't like it, you have several ways to revert to your previous Windows version but keep in mind that the easiest method is available only within the first month. Plus: How to manually remove the huge Windows.old folder, options for a dual-input remote-desktop connection, and adding or removing classic system icons to the Win10 Desktop.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/langalist-plus/warning-win10-rollbacks-limited-to-one-month/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There is another way. Go to new notifications--->All Settings--->System--->Storage--->Select System Drive--->click on Temporary files--->Previous Versions of Windows--->Delete previous version

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Re: finding the Recycle Bin. This is an example of why so many people get so mad at Microsoft. What was wrong with the way it's been for so many years? Obviously nothing; so they changed it, seemingly just for the sake of... changing it. I'm not against "change" if something needs to be improved, but MS just continues to confound users. I could get wound up on this, but I'll stop there. You know what I'm talking about.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It is rather crappy that Win10 won't rollbalc to the prior Windows with all files and settings intact after 30 days. Even MS' evaluation OS (Enterprise gave you 90-120 days and hacks that MS never fixed would double or even triple that deadline. But you poor Win7/8 user only get 30 days to decide.