5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts, from A to X

BEST PRACTICES

Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts, from A to X

By Michael Lasky

As with previous Windows versions, Win10 offers dozens of keyboard shortcuts to speed up your daily computing tasks and some familiar shortcuts from previous Windows versions have been reassigned in the new OS.
    Some Windows users pride themselves on the number of keyboard shortcuts they've memorized. But most of us need a bit of help; here's an A-through-X cheat sheet of useful Win 10 shortcuts.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/best-practices/windows-10-keyboard-shortcuts-from-a-to-x/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2015-08-19 at 17:37.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When opening a command prompt in Windows 10 I found the multiple steps of opening a search box, typing CMD,and then clicking on CMD.EXE was more cumbersome than I wanted. Quite by accident I right clicked on the start button and lo and behold there was the command prompt with both regular and administrative privileges easily available.

Thanks
    It was there in win 8 as well and has been suggested by many (including me) in these fora.

Lounger
    Thanks
    The Windows screen magnifier in Win10 is Window key and the Plus (+) key. This also brings up a little menu where you can control the magnification step granularity. Reduction is Windows and the Minus (-) key, and normal (no magnification) is Windows and Escape keys.
    Regards,
    Paul