New Lounger
    Thanks

Quirk with Internet Explorer 11 since installing July MS Updates

Hi All
    Since I installed MS updates on July 29, 2015 Internet Explorer 11 has developed a quirk.

Before I shut down my PC after using it I clean out all of the temp files that I can. I even go so far as to launch I.E using “www.Blank.org” url desktop shortcut and clean I.E. using it’s “Delete Browsing History” tool to clean I.E. that CCleaner will miss. I also use ATF cleaner and when I’m through the PC is as “clean” as I know how to clean it. I’ve been doing this for years without any problems.

Beginning a new PC session since installing the MS updates, I will launch I.E. 11 and a browser window will appear but the address bar does a blinking contortion thing and no webpage is displayed. Not the home page or the page of a url Internet shortcut that I selected. The address window is blank and the page is blank. Nothing else appears. I have waited 10 minutes for something to happen and nothing does.

I have to close the I.E. window and relaunch whatever webpage I’m trying to view. Usually I.E. works on the second time. In the beginning of my PC sessions since I did the updates this happens every time. And new addresses (not in cache) sometimes take two tries to launch successfully.

One of the updates was KB3065822 which is a “Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems”

I’m wondering if this specific update aimed at I.E. 11 may have caused my problem.

All of the MS Updates loaded successfully.

Goggle Chrome and Firefox don’t have any problems since the July MS update. (FYI)

I posted this question in the Microsoft Community website and while I got no answer from anyone, the "Me Too" bar was lit up and a statement near it said that "5 people had this question". So I'm don't seem to be the only user to have this problem and I'm thinking that Microsoft put out a bum patch.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone with a fix?

Windows 7 Pro OS

Jimmy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    What happens if you do not clear all the IE cache?

Have you tried running an SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi JoeP517
    I didn't want to run a SFC. They have never worked for me. I just thought about the issue and about a month later I came up with a plan.
    I decided to default IE-11 back to the default (factory) state using Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab/"Reset" button.
    A tech friend of mine did that on a laptop PC that I had messed up. That was years ago and I almost forgot about it.
    Lucky for me I remembered and clicked the "Reset" button and that fixed the problem. Hasn't happened again.

Thanks for your interest. As you see you were the only one brave enough to try.
    Jimmy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Great!! Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe