New Lounger
    Thanks

Editing Win 10 registry

I was having problems upgrading to Win 10 (now done -- I hope), but another problem has come up. For many years, I have been using a PIM (EccoPro). Although the original publishers abandoned it, it has survived with support from Creative Services. In any case, my immediate problem is to get EccoPro up and running in Win 10.

When I try to run the program I get an error message "Unhandled Registry Error". The next suggested solution is to manually remove from the registry all references to EccoPro. This is something over 200 entries. Note: uninstalling the program does not do this.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
    I had a similar issue when installing Office 2010 on my Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 which had had the 32bit version installed. I wanted to install the 64bit version in Windows 10, but the leftovers from the 32bit uninstall in the registry gave the Office Installer the notion that 32bit was still installed.

I had to manually uninstall every reference to "Windows Office 2010 Single Image" (that was the offending issue in the registry) before the 64bit version would start the installation. There were 178, IRRC.

I personally would not use a registry cleaner. It will take some time to do it manually, but I wouldn't do it any other way.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows