Thanks

Build 10240 to 10525

I was a bit surprised when I ran the update and got 10525, because the color set I had set up had changed. More importantly, perhaps, was that when I tried importing a theme that I had saved, it didn't seem to "fit right in."

OK, I can always go back to b10240, so it isn't the end of the world. But in poking around, trying to figger what went wrong, I tried copying C:\Windows\Resources\Themes to the various C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Th emes folders, and that didn't work either. Then I tried C:\Users\cwbil\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\The mes to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes without success.

So...

Are theme packs from the RTM not compatible with the new build, or if I am doing it wrongly, how?

I was a bit surprised, since I brought the theme pack over from W-7 without incident.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Haven't played with themes yet, but I notice the update is listed as "th2_build 10525" - could this be an early rollout of "Threshold 2"??

Zig

Thanks
    Got me, Zig. All I do know is that it worked till now. Sigh...

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The .theme files are just text files. Why don't you look at a theme file from "C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes"? Those have color settings in them. Microsoft changed some of the color capabilities with the new release. So, the theme files may be different.

Joe