Lounger
    Thanks

Possible to insert animated PowerPoint slide into a Word doc?

I'm using the latest version of Word and PowerPoint. I've created an animated PPT slide and would like to paste that slide into Word, and have it display the same animation (and not be just a static graphic). Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I've googled the topic and haven't found an answer. Thanks.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I never seen it down. Perhaps the answer is in this page:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...8becfb5?auth=1
    Do have to keep in mind that Word is not a graphics editor although a few simple things such as resizing can be done. I have also not seen it done in Publisher which is more for creating advertising items such as brochures. It could also be part of why PowerPoint exists.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Benjo,

Yes you can! With some caveats.

I just did a test with Word 2010 and it worked just fine. What I did was open Word and create a new document and added some text.

I then opened file explorer, found a .ppt file and draged and dropped it into the word document where it created an icon.
    WordPP.JPG
    If you double-click the icon it will start PowerPoint and run the file.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

The system that does this is called Object Linking & Embedding (OLE). It has been around for quite a long time now.

If you don't like RG's solution, which puts an icon in the document as a placeholder, try this.

Insert | Object | Object... | Create From File | Browse... | (Choose a pre-existing presentation) | Link To File (select) | Display As Icon (de-select) | OK.

This will create a window over to your PowerPoint and display the first page. If you need to present a multi-page presentation in an auto-slideshow format... well I don't know how to do that! So hopefully that isn't part of your requirement.