New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 will not install

I have four different machines that I am trying to upgrade to windows 10. I have tried to use the upgrade icons on the P/C and each time it fails with the error: '"WindowsUpdate_80070005 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000"‎ (0)'. I have tried to use the media creation tool. The tool will download but not execute. I tried following the steps outlined in "Something Happened", using msconfig to disable all non-windows services and deleting "C:\$Windows.~BT ". The one common element with all of the machines is Windows is running on a SSD. Has anyone else had this problem with the OS running on an SSD?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dopolganger View Post
    I have four different machines that I am trying to upgrade to windows 10. I have tried to use the upgrade icons on the P/C and each time it fails with the error: '"WindowsUpdate_80070005 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000"‎ (0)'. I have tried to use the media creation tool. The tool will download but not execute. I tried following the steps outlined in "Something Happened", using msconfig to disable all non-windows services and deleting "C:\$Windows.~BT ". The one common element with all of the machines is Windows is running on a SSD. Has anyone else had this problem with the OS running on an SSD?
    Have a look at this thread,Neverending windows 10 install errors 80070005 and 0x80070057 I have a SSD and it took me a good 3 days to upgrade but my problem was my Standard Account was corrupt so I tried the upgrade from the Hidden Admin account and got it 1st time.Also try http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...sage/page4time. Good luck. Pete
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-08-22 at 05:39.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KIWIpeteW For This Useful Post:

dopolganger (2015-09-02)

Thanks
    Problem has nothing to do with OS running on SSD.

When you ran the "media creation tool" did you choose "Upgrade this PC now" or "Create installation media for another PC"?

Suggest you choose "Create installation media for another PC" and choose to download the ISO from which you can burn an installation DVD which you can then use on other devices.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coochin For This Useful Post:

dopolganger (2015-09-02)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried that on 3 different machines. In all cases the program would not launch or the program would fail (no reason).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    enabled the hidden admin account. The media creation tool will not launch. Upgrading to W10 from the task bar also failed. I give up....Thanks for the help. I will wait for MS to do something about this...if ever.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I created the account but still no joy. I give up. MS may....step in to fix this problem. I give up. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Clean install: How to Clean Install Windows 10
    Scroll down to...
    Download Windows 10 and Create Installation Media

Something to take note of:
    If you want to perform a clean install of Windows 10 and haven’t upgraded to Windows 10 yet on your Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, you have some extra work to do. You’ll need to take advantage of Microsoft’s upgrade offer before performing a clean install. (Obviously, if you have a PC that came with Windows 10 or you’ve purchased your own Windows 10 license, this isn’t necessary.)
    When you upgrade a Windows 7 or 8.1 system to Windows 10, the installer confirms that you have a “genuine Windows” system installed and activates your computer for use with Windows 10. Note that you don’t actually get a Windows 10 product key — instead, your computer’s hardware is registered with Microsoft’s servers. When you install Windows 10 on that PC again in the future, it will check in with Microsoft’s servers, confirm it’s installed on a registered PC, and automatically activate itself.
    Instead of running the ISO while Windows is running, attempt installation while booted to the DVD/USB W10 setup disk.

Having a current drive image should go without saying here.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.