New Lounger
    Thanks

External Monitor Reverts To Laptop Resoultion (Cold Start Or Wake-Up)

This just started with Windows 10. My ViewSonic VX1962vm monitor, probably 5 years old, shows the laptop resolution instead of the monitor resolution, with the screen also showing on the laptop as well, every time the laptop wakes up from lid-down as well as cold start. Yes I go to Display Settings, select "Show only on 2" and make that "Make this my main display". Every time. I also checked the ViewSonic website for updated and it shows my monitor as being up to date.

OK, what setting am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    CT,

Have you checked the manufacturer of the Laptop or Video in the LT for software to drive/control dual monitors? HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Um not following. This an HP laptop about 16 months old that started life as a Windows 8 machine. All was well with Windows 8 and 8.1 with this monitor. Could you expand a little? Thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    CT,

I have a ATI Radeon HD 7500 graphics card in my main machine and I use the Catalyst Control Center software to manage my dual monitor setup.

So are you using a laptop with integrated graphics or does it have a separate graphics card? If it's a separate card you may be able to get software from it's manufacturer that will do a better job that Windows at keeping your desired settings. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No separate graphics card. Just an off-the-shelf HP Pavilion laptop.

Things are still weird. If I Shut Down, Restart, Hibernate, Sleep from the Power options in the Start menu, all come up to Monitor 2. But if I close/reopen the lid, only the laptop screen shows, Monitor 1. Hmmm...

(Been fighting other issues - some MS Updates decided to install themselves today, leading to no recognition of wireless Internet. Normally there are a dozen or so secured connections showing, as I'm in a high-rise condo. I backed out the last KB and I got wireless Internet back. Sigh...)
    Last edited by CanTex; 2015-08-23 at 17:46.