Thread: Favorites Bar

Thanks

Favorites Bar

For the life of me I can't figure out how I was able to get a few web sites to the Edge Favorites Bar without them disappearing from my favorites list....
    Help! my brain is sluggish or just plain not functioning!
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Click on the Star icon at the top right, Under Location, use the drop down list and select Favorites Bar.

Jerry

Thanks
    Yea thanks Jerry that was one of the things that I tried. I have several sites that are on the Favorites bar as well as on my Favorites. I don't remember what I did to accomplish this. In I. E., it was really straight forward and easy. What is happening now is that if the URL is on the favorites bar it is not then located in my favorites where I want it. For example: Favorites Bar = Amazon. Favorites Menu / Shopping / Amazon. That is what I have both in Edge, and in I.E. When I went to add a site this morning, as soon as it was in my Favorites Bar, the site disappeared from my Favorites Menu / Appropriate Folder. Does that help

Here is a screen shot.

Favorites Bar.jpg
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    I agree Favorites management is much more of a mess in Edge than it was in IE. I'm a little confused. Your screen shot shows the Favorites tree rather than the Favorites Bar tree. Did you name a folder in the Favorites bar Favorites? You might want to rename it to prevent confusion with the complete Favorites list.

When you click on the triple bar to bring up the complete Favorites list, you can scroll that list by hovering the cursor somewhere in the list and rolling the mouse wheel, When you find Favorites bar folder, click on it. You can now drag and drop items there and folders to rearrange them.

Jerry

Thanks
    Ok, let me see if I can explain this better.
    In I.E. one can have a favorite in two folders at one time. In this case we are talking about Favorites/Shopping, and Favorites/Favorites Bar.

In Screenshot one (1) you are seeing Favorites/Favorites Bar and on the right Favorite/Shopping. Please note that the Favorites I have on the Favorites Bar also are seen on/in the Favorites/Shopping Folder.

Screenshot 1.jpg

In Screenshot two (2) you are seeing the Favorites Bar folder as well as the Favorites Bar itself. Please that the items on the favorites bar are exactly the same (as they should) be as those in the Favorites Bar Folder. Now look at Screenshot 1 again and you will see that the sites are in both the Shopping Folder as well as in the Favorites Bar Folder.

Screenshot 1.jpg

Now we will look at the Edge Browser
    As you can see from Screenshot three (3) all of the items on the Favorites Bar are also located in the Favorites/Shopping Folder, with the exception of "Target" And there in lies the problem. If I add it to the Favorites Bar, the Edge Browser removes it from the Shopping folder, or for that matter any folder and automatically places it in the Favorites Bar Folder. If I try and open a completely separate browser to the URL and do as Jerry stated, that too will remove the URL from whatever folder it happens to reside in and move it to the Favorites Bar Folder.

Screenshot 3.jpg

Screenshot four (4) shows the Favorites Bar and the Favorites/Favorites Bar Folder. Please note that "Target" is there but not in the Shopping Folder (See Screenshot 3) any longer

Screenshot 4.jpg

What is odd about all of this is that one can clearly see that I have somehow done it (having the URL in 2 different folders) in the Edge browser before. Problem is I don't remember what hoops I jumped through or how I did it.

That ladies and gentlemen is the $64,000 question, or maybe it was just pure dumb luck!
    Thanks
    John
    Thanks John

Thanks
    One of the great things about this board, is that I can post a question and get a few answers and even if those answers have been tried it starts my brain to go into overdrive. After posting above and walking myself through it, I wondered if it was because of something else I had done to achieve what I was after. As it turns out it was. I opened the elliptical ? (...) in Edge, and decided to re click on the Import button. Problem solved! I now had the URL in both the Favorites/Shopping and Favorites/Favorites Bar folders........
    I think that Microsoft needs to correct this in Edge as they make it better.

Thanks Again Guys
    Thanks John

Thanks
    Here is one of mine: http://www.ittybittybar.com/ ;-)

or did I misread the title?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    Glad to hear you solved your problem John.

Jerry