New Lounger
    Thanks

Lost Touchscreen Win 10

When I upgraded to Win 10, I lost my touchscreen on my Dell PC (not laptop). There is no pen and touch pad icon anywhere in Win 10 that I can find. Maybe that is only for laptops. Does anyone know how to restore my touchscreen on my touch monitor. Yes, I did have touchscreen on the same PC with Win 8.1. Tks.

Thanks
    Have you checked Device Manager for the proper monitor drivers?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clcarver View Post
    When I upgraded to Win 10, I lost my touchscreen on my Dell PC (not laptop). There is no pen and touch pad icon anywhere in Win 10 that I can find. Maybe that is only for laptops. Does anyone know how to restore my touchscreen on my touch monitor. Yes, I did have touchscreen on the same PC with Win 8.1. Tks.
    The touchscreen monitor I have [HPCompaq L2105tm] requires the data cable plus a USB cable so my thought would be whether there was changes in hardware connections such as if the computer was moved, etc. Also, if yours is a similar monitor could Win10 be turning off the USB port it's plugged into [Control Panel, Power Options]?

Thanks
    For about a week after upgrading my touch screen LapTop to WIN10 I kept losing all touch control which was really annoying but I found it would all come back again after a restart, lucky it all came right now and dos'nt happen any more. Hope you can fix that soon as I know it's a pain.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Berton, Berton my Man (or Woman). You win the prize! In my old age, I had forgotten that a Dell tech came over two weeks ago to work on another issue on my computer (he replaced the motherboard) and he asked about the "second" cable to the monitor. I told him I didn't know what it was for, so he disconnected it and the computer and monitor seemed to work fine without it. I have now misplaced that cable, but I found another one that worked with the box end to the monitor and the USB to the computer. The touchscreen immediately started working. Thanks so much. You are a Godsend.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome, glad to help.